How much does your hubs or SO ask of you? Do you think its too much at some point? adult content

My hubs is constantly asking me to do things for him.....ie........Can you.....make me a sandwich or get me a blanket or find me a pen or find those papers for me or........you get the pic. now i do do the things that he asks of me willingly but at some point it turns into him just being straight lazy after hes gone the whole day doin absolutely nothing but every time he wants somthin he asks me too get it for him or make it for him hell im surprised he doesn't call me to wipe his ass.....its like i have 7 kids instead of six and hes the biggest baby of them all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Say, "I'm sorry to hear about your arms and legs, man! Are you expected to make a full recovery?" Lol!

Seriously, if you don't mind doing it, then go ahead and spoil him...especially if you know he'd spoil you right back! But, if it bothers you just try having a frank but gentle discussion with him about how you feel more put upon than necessary and are concerned that he is being too pampered and self-indulgent.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:42 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My hubby pretty much spoils me I'm the nagger lol
    AlyOops

Answer by AlyOops at 9:44 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Do you have a son? All we can do is raise our son's with more manners than our husbands. I have a daughter and 4 stepsons...they were all over 10 when I entered the picture ( so I did not have much say in their manners)and their wives will wonder the same thing you are wondering. I warn my daughter to find a man with respect for her. good luck
    notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 9:45 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• want to hear a funny story?

when i was about 5, i went to school telling my teacher my dad had broken his legs. that night, the teacher called my house to give her sympathies for my dad's broken legs. well, turns out, i overheard my mom said to my dad "why can't you get up? are your legs broken?" LOL

yes my husband is like this, too. not only do i have to take care of the every need of our 3 children but i have to do it for him too. so like you said, i have 4 children sometimes instead of 3. but, hubby was very spoiled by his mom and is such a momma's boy. over time, he is slowly learning (or being trained i should say) that he is a man with fully functioning arms, legs & a brain and capable of doing some things for himself!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My dh works from 5pm to 5am Mon-Sat. morning, so for the most part I take care of everything around here anyway. But yes, I'm the same way w/ him pretty much. Sometimes I don't mind, but when I'm having a bad day or the kids are being especially unangelic, I do get irritated. I find myself telling him that he's got more responsibility to the fam. then just financial and he could help out more around the house, w/ the kids and such. Of course it just goes in one ear and out the other. sigh. I feel for ya!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 9:50 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I live by the saying "you teach people how to treat you".... If you continue to do all of these things they are naturally going to expect you to do them.. I'm not being mean, just honest. Just stop doing the favors, show them that if he doesn't return the favor then you can't do them any favors... Marriage isn't one sided, just because you married and became one, doesn't mean one of you does all the work... JMO.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:54 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• He takes care of himself. We both will ask the other if we want anything since we're up,but neither of us waits on the other

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• No my husband is not like that at all, when he comes home from driving truck he helps out with every thing around the house and with the kids. and if he asked me to get him something i would do it. no big deal.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:55 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yes, I do just about EVERYTHING for him. I get annoyed but then I remember that he rubs my back everynight while we watch t.v. I guess it's a trade off I'm wiling to make.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 9:56 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have three boys and my husband. I do lots for him. But I don't think it is for petty things, like pen and paper...... Tell him to get his own pen!! You are busy, you have six kids. :o)
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 9:59 AM on Jan. 25, 2011