Why is everyone so suspicious?

I read so many posts on here where it seems to me IMO that some folks jump to conclusions very prematurely.
Example 1: a mom wanting to go somewhere with a male friend of the family.
EVERYONE jumps on the sidelong glance bandwagon and assumes there must be something sneaky going on. This seems like overkill to me. I wouldn't judge someone like that unless I had reason to believe otherwise.
Example 2: a man in an hour late getting home and doesn't call.
The automatic conclusion? CHEATER!

My mind doesn't automatically go there. Am I just too trusting? Because I know plenty of people make such assumptions, what makes YOU believe one thing or the other when you have no evidence?

wildsun

Asked by wildsun at 10:01 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• nature of the internet. Its easy to jump to conclusions with no facts
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:02 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'm more like you.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:02 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• No you aren't too trusting. Some people are especially suspicious.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:03 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• personal experience can come into play when reading another person questions
    if course it does
    i assume by your post that your husband has not cheated on you..am i right?
    maybe why you do not jump quickly to assume
    others may not be soluckly, and therefore jump to assumptions because their recent life has placed this thought in their heads

just my opinion
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:03 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• example 1, is that my post? i completely agree with you. i forgot to include the sexual orientation of my friend, so i suppose it is MY fault that i was judged unfairly. homosexuality aside, why cant two friends of the opposite sex hang out without secretly banging eachother? why is it necessary to include every minor detail in your questions to avoid catty anon bitches? ignorant, stupid people are so quick to judge.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• and by the way, im so glad there are people like you on cafemom, who know how to answer the *true* question at hand, instead of trying to read between the lines and find things that aren't even there. it is people like you who make the website worth it. thank you for giving a non-judgmental, informative answer to my earlier question.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• how would it look if your husband and i were friends, and we went out some where and hung out and some one saw us and told you something that happened that wasn't true. wouldn't that make you feel bad or wonder what was going on?? why put your self in a situation where someone gets the wrong idea???
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 10:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i'm the type of person that analyzes everything.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• No i agree with you. I like to believe the best in a person until they prove otherwise. Alot of people relate things to what they have been through. They don't know the whole situation or the other persons personality. So they just fill in the blanks. Which tend to be more negative rather than positive.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• About a month ago there was a huge series of posts about "how can i catch a cheater" and "I think he's cheating- how can I get proof?" or "how do you go about hiring a private investigator".

meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2011