Just wondering if others feel this way.

Let me start by saying I am NOT sucidial. I would never take my life, but I do feel like I am ready to see what is on "the other side." It would not upset me if I went to bed and did not wake up tomorrow. I am middle aged and have experienced about all I feel I need to in this life. I have watched my parents both pass away. I have experienced childbirth, raised those children to adults. Although I am not happy with how a few turned out I did the best I could. I have had more than one marriage and am in a rather unsatisfactory one now, but I am certainly not going to start over at this stage of my life. I have held several jobs and been a stay at home mom so I have experienced that also. Being a animal lover I have had many different kinds of pets and they have all passed away so I have had that experience. I have lifed in the city and in the country. There is always the worry of how we are going to keep paying all the bills, keep our health insurance, the worry of my last child making all the wrong choices although she was raised differently. So I feel like I have had enough. This is not really a subject I can talk about with anyone because they all get excited thinking I am unstable, depressed, need medication, etc. So I thought in this anonymous forum I could see if anyone else ever feels this way and can understand where I am coming from? Oh, and I am a Christian. I do believe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I think you should try to start over and find someone who truely makes you happy, I think there is so much more out there for you. just be willing to better your self and chase your wildest dreams
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 10:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• yup, i feel the same way........ ur not alone
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Well im not so much ready for the other side & want to be there to experience it... But I do think whats the point to all this life stuff.. Bills. Cleaning. Rinse. Repeat. Stress. Nothing seems to be moving along right at all.
    I am young. have a fabulous hubby & an amazing young child... But I have these thoughts.. Id never commit suicide though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i dont understand why suicide is against the law....... i bet it is only that way cuz once ur dead the government cant tax u anymore. its all about money im sure. the ppl that made that law doesnt really care about the people, they care about their bank account.
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I do not feel the need to pass on to the other side. However, I am a Christian and I do have experiences with the other side. I have the gift of Spirits. I see and hear. It is a wonderful gift. Honestly, I do not truly want to know what is on the other side for me, until HE decides it is time for me to be there.
    ProudMommy3686

Answer by ProudMommy3686 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i have a young child, so HAVE to stay around here for at least another 20 years
    but after my father passed last Spring, i too had this feeling of not fearing death, and almost ready for it when it comes
    also Christian rasied, believe in after life and God
    not ready to go, but not afraid
    could your feeling have something to do with your parents death? (mine does-just felt father was at peace, and i do not fear death)
    if it were not for my young daughter, i too would be saying things as you
    i wish i was living for me, but at this time in my life, it is all about her (which it should be to a point) but no time at all for me-except cafemom, sleep and a shower=that is all i have for me
    it is hard=life, and when you do not have something that sparks your soul, it can be too hard to do the everyday things
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:25 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I do understand what you are saying I also would not mind if I were hit by a truck or died in my sleep. I do not want to be elderly, and struggle to live and suffer the pains of old age. Why is death so wrong? why is it so sad to die? I would welcome it but never would I kill myself, my death has to be by God's choice and hopefully it is sooner then later
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yes! fiatpax actually. My mom passed away in 2005 and the fear of death I had always had was basically gone. I was with her till the end and it was a 48 hr event so I helped her pass out of this life and into the next to the full extent a person can. Then you also hit upon the daughter part. My last daughter is 19, only daughter actually. I lived for her, my life was all about her and helping her not to make the same mistakes I did. She is grown now, I have no control and she is making all the choices I worked against for 19 yrs. I don't want to see anymore.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Jan. 25, 2011