where do u search for jobs ?

do u just look in ur home town newspaper or do u look online at a specific website ?

mistik75

Asked by mistik75 at 10:12 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• SnagAJob.com
    Craigslist

Also, consider employment agencies in your area for office jobs or technical jobs, they charge the employer not the employee.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Most companies do not post positions in a news paper.
    Try Monster.com and careerbuilder.com
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 10:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Both. You'll also want to do face-to-face networking and networking online ( I suggest Linkedin).

The best online sites are local sites (for your city, region or state) and sites like Careerbuilder, Indeed, Monster and Yahoo Jobs. I would stay clear of Craigslist. Too man scams.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

•  

I do career and job search coaching; I am always happy to help CafeMoms (and Dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy and interview prep. I never charge CafeMoms for my services.

Here are some tips for successful job hunting:

Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!

Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.

Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 4:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.

Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

There are lots of great tips in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837