What are the signs of aspergers?

I know that it is a form of autism, but what is the difference between the two? I don't know a lot about autism, but doesn't it have to do with the way that kids interact socially? What are some good sites for reading up on the two.

What does it mean when a child talks too much and doesn't understand when they are talking too much and that sometimes they have to give personal space. I love spending time with my child, that's not the issue, but I feel that she doesn't umderstand that sometimes she talks way too much, even when I explain it to her that sometimes it's not always good to talk non-stop? How can I help her with that? I know that she is still young and that plays a major role, but she has yet to learn that we as her parents can't sit a talk to her all day long.

browneyes27

Asked by browneyes27 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• They'll go on and on about subjects THEY enjoy and don't notice that people have lost interest
    Yes on the facial cues,also body language and tone of voice
    Usually above average intelligence as well
    Some don't like to be touched,others won't leave your side
    Social cues are lacking-phone skills,conversations

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:22 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• How old is she?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• She will be 6 soon. I watched a movie about a guy who had aspergers and he couldn't understand facial cues, but is there more to it than that?
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Butterflyblue19, that's right, I remember a part in the movie where the guy kept talking about science or something like that and he didn't realize that the person lost interest in the conversation. My daghter is very smart and she does talk non-stop, even when I tell her that I'm busy at times. If I have something to do as far as the household, she still talks too much. What about when a child repeats themselves? She used to do it more when she was younger and although she doesn't do it like she used to, she still does it sometimes. She also follows us around the house every time we get up and that really needs to stop. By the way, thanks for the detailed answer.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 10:30 AM on Jan. 25, 2011