Dentist question?

I am TERRIFIED of dentists. Literally, terrified. I've been to a dentist 4 times in my life, I took care of my teeth really well so I wouldn't have to go ever but I still had to go for my first filling at age 30! I managed to avoid it till then....I know I will have to go again soon and my knees get weak and I feel like throwing up..:( What can I do to get over this? I am thinking that soon I will have to take my 15 month DD to the dentist and just thinking about it makes me queasy....Has anyone been like this? What can I do? What did YOU do? Thanks !

Marianne140

Asked by Marianne140 at 10:19 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• If you have somebody to drive you they can give you a Xanax to take prior to the visit. I am terrified of the dentist like you but a Xanax literally makes it almost a pleasant experience. Well...takes away the anxiety at least!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:22 AM on Jan. 25, 2011