has your doc ever prescribed you bc pills to help with cysts? did it help?

how long did you take them for?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• Yes my OB did for me, I had 3 cysts and after 3 months of taking them the cysts had shrunk, after 6 months of BC pills they were gone, they worked for me. Itook them for 9 months total but after 6 months mine were gone.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:43 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i had the problem except i have had them on and off for 2 years. i finally got tired of them and the pain was outrageous. i went to a different doctor in a small town after seeing the ob doctor,dermatologist, and some other big doctors. They put me on an antibiotic and some cream (almost like triple antibiotic, but a lot stronger and better) and finally after 2 years they are cleared up..within two weeks they were cleared up.
    KourtniRae

Answer by KourtniRae at 10:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My older sister had cysts on her ovaries and her Gyno prescribed her BC to help regulate her periods and hopefully rid her body of the cysts. It worked for her and the cysts dissapeared on their own. I don't know how long it took for them to go away though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:56 AM on Jan. 25, 2011