placenta previa?

i was wondering if any1 had placenta previa but in the 3rd trimester it moved

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Are you going through this right now? I have a family member who had it. It did move a little, but not enough. Keep praying! I'm sure it's nerve racking! Best Wishes! Hang in there!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It is really ordinary for the placenta to be near or even over the cervix for the early part of a pregnancy, and it then migrates up the back wall of the uterus as the baby grows.

That was surprising when routine ultrasounds were just starting, and it got a lot of people a lot of unnecessary intervention and worry. Turns out ignorance is not always bliss... (it's been replaced by completely research-free 'neonate blood sugar' testing)
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:51 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i had 100% placenta previa
    was told at 15 weeks
    was given very poor odds, of it moving, of having pregancy last
    was told i WOULD bleed, if it was heavy, doctor would take the baby and maybe take my females parts out too

NONE of that happened
    each time i went in, nurse would say "have you bleed YET", i would say "no, and i am not going to", medical people looked at me like i was nuts, in denile or both
    guess what.. i never bleed again after first few times, i did have to have my baby c section and one month early, but no more bleeding and she was healthy

mine did NOT move, and medical staff thought it would not
    c section=planned is better than emergency c section, and when covering 100%=no other option
    also, after finding placenta issue=nothing went inside me at all!

good luck, take it easier than you would with 'normal' pregnancy, if doctor says nothing inside-follow that
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2011