What is your favorite cold remedy?

Home or OTC

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 10:54 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• vicks vaporizer
    drinks lots of fluids
    think moisture!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:56 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• eucalyptus oil mixed in water, put it in a pot, and boil the water on the stove. Shut the heat off, take a towel, place it over your head draping over the pot of water and breath in. It forces the nasal passages open.
    Keeping airways clear and clean, helps to prevent infection, or pnemonia as well. Sleep too!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• it depends on the severity of the symptoms..sometimes, hot tea helps the overall ill-feeling (i'm particularly fond of Throat Coat, idk why.) i'm Neti-dependent, when the congestion starts, whether its a cold or 'simple' allergies.
    and for some strange reason, i love the smell of Vicks, so i slather it on my chest/neck. (just can't stand the greasy-feeling, or the stains on the tees!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:59 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Tylenol cold and flu.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 11:02 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I find myself more and more going back to remedies my grandmother used when I was a kid. I have been sick all but 4 days in January. 2 nights ago I made a mustard plaster and put it on my chest...what a difference a day makes. I will do another tonight. It seems to be really effective at drawing the congestion out.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:06 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Hot tea with lemon and honey. Lots of rest.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Hot tea, lot of liquids, and rest.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• remedy to make you feel better or remedy to actually make the cold go away faster? I take Zinc, Vitamin C and a muti vitamin.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• what helps me the most is herbal tea and honey...as hot as i can handle it :)
    Walker101

Answer by Walker101 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I think my favorite is sleep. I buy the Walmart brand cold and flu and then curl up under the covers and just sleep. Orange juice is good too.
    SpiritedWitch

Comment by SpiritedWitch (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2011