Where does your strength come from in times of uncertainty?

It can be religious, a friend, a relative, anything.

TwilightMack

Asked by TwilightMack at 11:02 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• From within and my husband is a huge source of strength and comfort. 

I'm going through a worrisome period right now.  My doctor found a lump in my breast and I've spent the morning at the hospital having mammograms and ultrasounds.  My husband literally held my hand while I was waiting between tests and his quiet strength was very comforting.  So far the news is encouraging.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:41 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My God!!!!
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• From within.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Now? From myself. The way nature intended it. We were not meant to cling to our parents nor to find non-existent sky daddies to replace our parents. We are meant to grow up and become fully-functioning adults who can fend for ourselves. My family is a strong support in my times of trouble, but the only person who can persevere and over-come is ME. Especially when our problems are within us.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:43 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I am my own strength... I know I am supported by my Gods, but my strength comes from within.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• my kids. they give me strenght in times where I feel like i just dont want to live anymore.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• However fun it is to believe that certainty ever exists, my strength comes from always knowing there is no security available. None at all --not that I'll live through the day, not that the economy will not collapse completely, not that the atmosphere will stay on the planet, not that anyone I love will turn out to be what I expect...

From a position of recognizing and accepting the reality of the world--rather than my preferences for it--I have the space to be really grateful for all that is going well, even in really chaotic times.

Since I expect uncertainty, and that it will all work out fine anyhow, and trust that people (and I) can handle what comes up, whatever it is... when it's necessary to handle it.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:09 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Friends, family, self.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• family - the ones still here and the ones already gone
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011