Is it very hard to learn how to knit?

My grandma knew how, plus she crochet'd(spelling?) N-e-way, I was wanting to learn. Should I?

TwilightMack

Asked by TwilightMack at 11:04 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Learning to knit is SO easy. I taught myself. There are a ton of websites out there that are a great help, and youtube videos as well. I actually used free Bernat patterns that they have at Walmart -- they had a learn to knit one, as well as a learn to crochet one, when I started a few years ago. It's super easy to learn basic stitches, and there are a lot of more complicated ones that aren't bad either. It's been around four years since I taught myself and now I can't stop.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My mother taught me how to crochet & it was fairly easy for me.Also i tried knitting & it wasn't to bad either.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 11:06 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Nope, not hard at all. It is frustrating to learn (most new things are) but both are easy once you get the motions down.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• If you want to start making something super fast, look up loom knitting. You can make a hat or socks in an hour or two. It is so fun and rewarding. They sell looms at walmart. A big pack of them.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:14 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I didn't think so. I taught myself from a book years ago. Then I taught myself to crochet. I find knitting very relaxing and it keeps my hands occupied when I'm watching TV (I can also read and knit at the same time when I put a story up on my computer...I'm multi-talented that way).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'm an crafter and have knitted some, my fiance taught me. i do not like it though. it takes to long. i don't know how in the world the one lady reads at the same time. i can drop a stitch when i'm watching. i do like the final product though. my hands hurt from arthritis so i dont do it very much. u can enter you stuff and county fairs if you want to.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 12:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2011