Do you always lose your mucous plug before you go to the hospital to give birth?

Can your water break even if you still have your mucous plug?

its_mrs.valdez

Asked by its_mrs.valdez at 5:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My water broke before I lost my mucus plug with my daughter. I was at the hospital a few hours before the "lovely" plug made an appearance
    beth_m79

Answer by beth_m79 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• No.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 5:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Third pregnancy, have yet to see any mucus plugs. Then again, my water broke early with the two previous pregnancies, so... yeah.
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 7:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I have . Sometimes though, you may lose a little, just enough for the water to break or rupture. Then later on the 'plug' can make it's debut. It's different with each pregnancy. But more often than not, you'll see and lose a little bit then and again as your body gets closer to labor and such.
    JafraMom

Answer by JafraMom at 11:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• my water broke with my first pregnancy at 37 wks and i dont ever remember seeing the plug. and now pregnant with my 2nd child they can see the plug and im leaking water and i wonder what that means to be able to see the plug.
    Anonymous