I had enough and really can't do anything about it!!

Recently I have posted that my 15 year old daughter had some problems. Her school since then has required she sees a therapist outside of school and one therapist every week at school. We have been doing this for almost a year and the therapist found that no more therapy is required for my daughter. The school went CRAZY about this where I had a meeting and they told me if my daughter does not continue to go twice a week until she is graduated (She is a sophmore currently) or at least until THEY feel thearpy isn't needed anymore, that she will be expelled! Is this legal? I cannot transfer my daughter because of the area I live in and moving isn't an option (for now at least). I am so frustrated!! I want to cry ALL the time I feel that I have been through so much and even though sooo much progress has been made they keep beating us over the head with this. Any advice?If there is any... Pray for me please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Have your daughter's therapist talk to the school.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:15 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'd insist they put it in writing, and take it to the State authority for schools and see what they think about it.

In fact, being a complete bitch, I'd tell them it is precisely WHY I want it in writing.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:15 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Pray, I don't know the whole situation... as for me my daughter has been acting out for 2 years and I have 4 kids so it has been horrible, we are in therapy but if she don't come home, I go alone..... I am tired of fighting.

Therapy is not a short fix, and obviously she did something to get in there..... I would stick it out if they say she still needs it then maybe she does.... If the therapist says she does not then you bring that too the school... I dont' know but I do know it is a long battle and I am so tired of fighting.......

I will say a prayer for you and your daughter and wish you well....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• More than the school's problem or the therapist's opinion- does your daughter know how serious this is? Does she care? I think this would be a good time to sit down and talk to her about responsibility and how it is affecting you, the family and her future.

Just my opinion.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• That is what makes it worse. The therapist DID talk to the school and the school feels that my daughter is hiding something from her thareapist and SHE is the one that is not cooperating.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Oh, get it in writing.................................. So you can fight it....If she does not need it anymore. Each child is diffrent and I hope she doesn't....

As for me now I have the cops involved, because she does not come home after school...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'm not sure if its legal or not, but I would as others suggest get it in writing and take up with the State authority for schools.

Also it is a little perplexing that the school thinks she's hiding something from the therapist but insists she continues to go. Even their therapist should know you can't make someone tell the truth in therapy. If they don't want help or don't feel they need help therapy won't help the situation anyway. Have you considered sitting down with the school therapist if you haven't already and talk about this?

If they insist on the therapy maybe they should pay for it, why can't she see the school therapist twice a week? I would definitely tell them that is their option.

Good luck with this, I'm sorry I don't have more advice. I'd be frustrated and overwhelmed as well.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Thanks to all who understand my frusration but I have decided that we will go as the school requests and hope that they eventually leave us alone. Please pray for me and my daughter. All I have now is a lump in my stomach and tears in my eyes as this all unfolded this morning. I love Cafemom as I feel I can vent too!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'd see a lawyer or put her in another school but that's just me

Answer by admckenzie at 11:43 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Lawyers are too expensive for me and I live in a not so great area I can't put her in our district school. And moving right now is something I cannot do either.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2011