Why is it so hard to keep weight off after having a C-Section?

Ever since I had my third which is 5 yrs ago I have had the most diff time ever than I did with my first 2 which I had naturally to lose weight..Ever since I had the C-Section with my 3rd I can't keep weight off unless I take diet pill which I can't do on a mon to mon basis cause it gets pricey..Help Please

wifemommy3

Asked by wifemommy3 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I had a c-section and I don't find it hard to keep the weight off. I find it difficult to get the weight off. I am sticking to an exercise routine and I am also watching the amount of junk that I taking in. It has been difficult for me to lose weight my whole life and became even more difficult after my first laporosopy. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:21 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Thank you..It is diff to get the weight off..
    wifemommy3

Comment by wifemommy3 (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I hear you! But I think that being older has a lot to do with it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:30 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I was thinking that but I was trying not to think that..LOL!! Oh how I love being in my 30's..I really do but just not the weight part..lol
    wifemommy3

Comment by wifemommy3 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I had a c-section and I have had no trouble keeping weight off. I think it's less likely that it's the c=section and more likely it's because it is your third child and you're older now.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:36 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• age does have a lot to do with it. It was so much easier to lose weight in my teens and 20s!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I don't think it is the c-section, but perhaps it is age related. You metabolism slows as you age.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I don't think it's necessarily the c-section that is causing you to have a hard time losing weight, as most have said. It IS harder to get rid of fat on your stomach (especially right above your scar) though. It's definitely not easy to get rid of that!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I've had 2 csections (and 3 vaginal deliveries) and have little problem taking/keeping weight off. My mom keeps telling me it will get harder as I get older - I'm 37, but it hasn't happened yet!

Answer by missanc at 1:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I didn't have that issue. I think a lot of times it is just age, metabolism, and shift in hormones..
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:16 AM on Jan. 26, 2011