What can i do to get some help?

I'm seven months pregnant, and very grouchy lately. I'm generally up past midnight cleaning and than the kids get up by seven. I do most of the housework by myself. My oldest has school at nine and he doesn't ride the bus so I drive him and pick him up after. I'm generally doing somthing (at work, taking care of my daughter, cleaning, shopping, ect) so i don't get any naps during the day.

Anyways it was decide that my mother-in-law (it was her suggestion, and she lives with us) would get up with the kids and my husband would take my son to school every Thursday from here on out so i could get a little more sleep. To see if that would help me be a little less grouchy. This was decide about a month ago, after my doctor suggest I try to get more rest.

So far sleeping in has been sleeping until 7:30 instead of getting up a 7. I'm still taking my son to school and still do most of the housework by myself. What can i do to get some help?

SolaraDarkset

Asked by SolaraDarkset at 11:20 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm in the same boat and I just had to STOP doing everything and let the chips fall where they may. It sucks, I'm a true control freak, but I have to keep in mind what's important here--My health and the health of this baby. Ask yourself, is anyone going to up and die if the dishes pile up a bit or there's chud on the carpet? Probably not.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• delegate responsibility! tell the dh/MIL what you need done, and you expect it to get done.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:31 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Stop doing the house work. Let them live in a mess until they get tired of it and do something about it. You need your rest.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• agree with dullscissors... what is your mother in law living there for if she isn't giving you any help. Just stop cleaning and rest. you need it... i know that is harder to do than say.. i love my house being clean, but sometimes you have to make a point.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:37 AM on Jan. 25, 2011