Could I get my DH's last name and how?

My DH is a US citizen, we met in Mexico when he was visiting some family he has there, then he stayed there for me, to be with me, It has been 2 1/2 years since that.
we married in Mexico a year ago. but my DH misses his home, so he asked me to come here, and here we are. we have a son with my DH's last name.
I hope I can get my green card next month, we're waiting for inmigration to call us. all of my IDs have my maiden name, and I don't know if I could change my last name when I get my green card if we married in Mexico, do you know if that's a problem?

AbbyCarrera

Asked by AbbyCarrera at 11:46 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Im not sure about the law in Mexico, but in the UK (where I am) you can change your name by deed-poll, which is legally binding, so maybe you could look into soething like that?
    mum-to-a-cutie

Answer by mum-to-a-cutie at 11:50 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• thanks for your answer, I'll look something like that, but actually I want to do it here in US not in Mexico, because my DH is from here and now we're living here.
    AbbyCarrera

Comment by AbbyCarrera (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I am not sure but try looking into it.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2011