Anyone injure their Rotary Cuff?

About two weeks ago I posted a questions about pulled muscles. The pain in my should has gotten worse and worse so yesterday I finally went to the dr. I am scheduled an MRI tomorrow afternoon to see if I have a torn Rotary cuff. Im still hoping its not this but its best to rule this out I suppose. My questions is, I do alot of photography. If this is a torn rotary cuff I know my arm will need lots of rest to heal. Will this nix holding up a camera? It doesnt require me to lift my arm high but it does require lifting it a bit and holding it at times. I know I can ask the doc these questions when he calls me with the results but its been on my mind.

JennyJenny529

Asked by JennyJenny529 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• My mom tore her rotator cuff. Worst case scenario is surgery to fix it. But for her it got better on its own. I know she had limited range of motion while it healed but I don't remember specifics.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:48 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I've torn mine twice and I found that if you just follow the doctors instructions your body will heal itself in a few weeks. GL
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 11:52 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'm not sure, but I hope it heals quickly!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Thanks ladies! That really helps ease the mind.
    JennyJenny529

Comment by JennyJenny529 (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Hopefully it will heal on its own. Alternate heat and ice on it.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I did about 5 years ago...trying to hold onto the stair rails to keep from falling. It took almost a year for it to heal. I had to have physical therapy to keep it from freezing stiff. Not fun. :-\
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My bosses wife had to have surgery for hers and she could not lift her arm very well but they made her do it. It may be hard for you to do but I think they will want you to push it so maybe it will be good therapy for you. ;) Good luck to you, I remember you asking the question and I am glad you went to the doctor's! I hope you heal quickly and easily!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have dislocated my shoulder twice and it made it hard to do anything that required me to lift my arm at all. I would talk with your dr and see what they say, you don't want to injure it further.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have and it hurts like an SOB - hard to sleep at night - takes a long time to heal.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011