Brown Rice vs. White Rice

Does brown rice taste totally different from white rice? I'm making my favorite lunch today, but only have brown rice, and I think I tried it before and HATED it. But I can't remember to be honest. I know I hate wheat bread lol...maybe it's the idea of ''wheat'' ...

I dont want to cook it if it's NOTHING like white rice.

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Food & Drink

• if you hate wheat bread you wouldn't like brown rice very much but try it anyway
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It tastes nothing like white rice.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:53 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It is different. But it can certainly be better in more ways than just nutrition. I LOVE brown rice! The biggest difference is actually a little different texture. It still doesn't have too much flavor...just like white rice.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:53 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It's different - has a kind of nutty flavor to it, but it's not totally opposite of what white rice tastes like, more like rice + an extra flavor. I prefer it to white, but it takes longer to cook so we don't use it all the time.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It definitely taste different than white rice, but brown rice is much better for you to eat than white.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 12:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2011