A woman keeping a child from his father

I'm reading a book about two different women keeping their child from their father for their own selfish ways. One doesn't want to share the child with the father. That father knows nothing about the child. She never told him she was pregnant and she refuses to tell her 8 yr old son anything about his father because she wants him to herself.

My brother ex is doing something similar with his son. She refuses to let him see him because she hates him so she in punishing her son because she can't let go of her anger she has towards by brother.

What do you think about women that do this?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I think that someday it's gonna bite her in the ass and her child and the father will end up having a kick ass realtionship. Anyone who acts for selfish reasons should think twice before they spit up in the air.....she doesn't deserve her son.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 11:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I dont think anything of them unless I know BOTH sides of the story. Usually the truth is somewhere in the middle. I think it is sad when a child is put in the middle of two parents drama. If there is truly no reason then court answers the problem and allows visits. I have had to keep my oldest three from their father. He was on drugs and had a conviction in his past for sexual assault I did not know about when we met. He and his parents kept it from me. I went to court and got sole custody but he tells everyone I kept him from his kids. The judge told him he had to go to counseling & have clean drug tests for so long. He just never did it. So again, there some times are two sides to every story. If you only knew my ex you might think I was a royal bitch.

Answer by gemgem at 12:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• The child will resent her...but the dad also has to take action and not take the crap, go to court and request visitation.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 12:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I think that your brother should get a lawyer and fight for custody if that child is his and he wants to see his child.

But women that keep their children from the fathers just to get vindication is just evil and the child will resent them and come back and is libel to rebel in those lovely teen years.
    Anonymous

• Clearly they're selfish, greedy, and cold. It's really low to do that to a child.
    The parent that isn't allowed to see their child needs to take the other parent to court and file for custody rights.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Unless a woman dosent tell the man he is a father there are things that can be done so the man can be involved in the childs life. Your brother needs to get an attorney and get the courts to order visitation and if she still refuses she can be held in contempt and even lose custody. Some women may keep a child away because of things that have happened in the past such as abuse or child endangerment or they may just be mean.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It's not fair to the child. If the dad wants to be in the child's life, then she shouldn't do that. It's wrong.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• they are so selfish the father has a right to their child if he isn't a criminal she is punishing her child as well
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 12:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My brother's ex-girlfriend is doing this to my brother, keeping him from seeing his daughter (hasn't seen her in over 2 years) because he got fed up with her and her psycho ways and left. I think it's rotten, and the sad thing is, Friend of the Court won't help my brother get visitation. I mean, he's went to court for it, but the mother still refuses to let him see his daughter and there's no consequences for her actions. My parents still have wrapped Christmas and birthday presents in their basement for the girl from the last 2 years. She won't even let my parents see her to give her presents. It's just a sad situation all around, I feel bad for guys who have to deal with women like that.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I think it is selfish and ridiculous. I had this happen to me and I am 31 and still haven't met my biological dad. (He lives in the next town over, even, I am just chicken) It will only hurt the child in the long run.
    love_my_family

Answer by love_my_family at 12:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2011