my 19 yr old broke the screen on her laptop, she works fulltime..should I help her buy a new one or let her figure it out on her own

She is the type to buy $80 jeans and get her nails done weekly so if she has money for that she should have money to fix her laoptop....right?
but she is going to school and if I buy her a new one it would be a deduction on next years taxes

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 12:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• i would probably tell her to figure it out on her own but when it came down to actually getting it help her buy it
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• If you have the extra to help her, go for it. If not, let her figure it out.
    love_my_family

Answer by love_my_family at 12:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• if she HAS to have it for school now then i would buy her one on the condtions she pay me back. if no agreement, let her buy one herself.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• No. She can buy a new one herself. She has a full time job. She can buy her own stuff. Her computer, her responsibility.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• She is an adult and seems to have cash to spend so let her pay for it.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• was she angry and broke it in a fit of anger or what ???
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• id give her a new one or help her i meant.. and yeah i think it would be realllly nice of you
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• She's a legal adult now, so if she wants help paying for a new one, lend her the money with an agreement in writing on when you'll get paid back.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• it would depend on how it got broken. i would maybe even consider giving my old one and getting myself a new one =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• 19? I was doing things on my own at that age. She's an adult, so I'd make her replace it.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2011