what do u put in chili ?

i wanna make a pot ..... what u put in a pot of chili ?

mistik75

Asked by mistik75 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Food & Drink

• i cook a pund of hamburger meat with onions then drain and put with 2 small cans of tomato sauce, 2 cans of chilli beans, one can of water, chilli powder and garlic salt to taste
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• make that a pound lol
    josiesmommy00

• well i do it the good old southern way. 8 hours in a crock pot. lightly brown some ground beef. 1-2 jars of francesco renaldi meat flavored spagetti sauce, cut up a few fresh tomatoes, add some chopped bell peppers if you want instead of jalapeños(or both), jarred jalapeños cut up with a little bit of the juice they're floating in, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, red tobasco sauce, and instead of beans i use frozen corn, stir it all up (remember you don't need the jarred jalapeños if you don't want it too spicy) and cook on low for 8 hours. delish!!!!!
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I brown a lb of ground beef and some onions, and then throw that in the crock pot for 6 hours with some green pepper, diced tomatoes, a can of tomato soup or tomato paste, a can of brown beans, usually a can of kidney beans (but my roommate doesn't like those), some chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic, a little bit of sugar... and voila. Then usually I top it with shredded cheese and scoop up the leftovers in my bowl with buttered bread. Absolutely delish.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I make mine with stew meat instead of hamburger, and I like that a lot better. I brown the meat in a little oil with a chopped onion. I buy a packet of the Williams (silver packet) seasoning and add in a couple of cans of chili ready tomatoes and a small can of V8 to the browned meat and let it simmer away. I don't like beans in chili so I don't add those.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Ground venison, onions, Chipolte peppers, red and yellow peppers, black beans, dark red kidney beans, pinto beans, Cumin, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, (1) can of hot Rotel.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 12:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I usually use ground beef, but one time one of the stores near me had beef heart steaks on sale for even cheaper than ground beef. I cubed that up and seared it, then tossed that in the chili instead. Was the best chili I ever made.

I like lots of onion, garlic and chilis in mine. I dice up seeded chili peppers and add those in addition to the chili powder.

YUM!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• 5 different kinds of beans (kidney, cannellini, black, pinto and refried), one can diced tomatoes with chiles (with liquid), one can tomato paste, one onion chopped, one green pepper chopped, one can corn (with liquid), season to taste with garlic, chili powder, cumin, cayenne
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I make a crock pot full of beans (pintos, kidney, and some blackeye peas, add a piece of salt pork for flavor)

I brown a pound of ground beef, dose it liberally with chili powder, pepper, some salt, cumin to taste, cut up an onion, some minced garlic, and throw a can of stewed tomatoes in. My husband likes it a bit thick, so when he gets his way we also add a little can of tomato paste.

Once t he onions are soft, I toss all that in with the beans and let it cook for a little while so the flavors meld. While that's working in the crock pot I make home-made tortillas.

The recipe I use for tortillas is:
    4c flour
    2/3 c shortening
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking powder
    1c warm (not hot) water
    put some tinfoil on a plate and wrap up cooked tortillas to keep them warm.
    Makes lots of delicious tortillas and helps stretch that chili for a big family!
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Best Chili Ever – you can use any bean; 1 can = 1.5 cups home cooked
    2 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
    4 cups vegetable broth
    1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 (15-ounce) can white (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
    1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
    1 cup frozen baby lima beans or regular lima beans or corn
    1 cup chopped onion
    1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 can tomato paste
    2 tablespoons chili powder, or more to taste
    2 tablespoons dried Mexican oregano or regular oregano (or more to taste)
    2 teaspoons ground cumin (or more to taste)
    1 teaspoon ground coriander (or more to taste)
    1 to 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
    1-2 Tbl masa, mixed with cold water
    1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
    1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
    Salt to taste (I add this last)

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 4:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2011