How many miles would it be if I ran?

I walk 4 miles a day (it takes me 15 to 20 minutes to complete one mile.) depends on my pace) so with in the hour I have walked 4 miles.
I'd like to start jogging/running to cut time in half and maybe burn faster calories and more.
Thank you ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• 4 miles is 4 miles whether you walk it or run it
    Anonymous

• if you're cutting the min/mile from 15-20 to 7.5 to 10, but still out there for an hour, then you'd double your mileage to 8 miles.

if you're cutting the min/mile from 15-20 to 7.5 to 10, but you're cutting your running time to 30 minutes, then it's still 4 miles.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• depending on your pace you may be able to double your miles in the same length of time as walking if you ran instead.
    kellar2

Answer by kellar2 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• running 4 miles is much more beneficial than walking 4 miles
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• No, not double- if you walk 3- 4 miles an hour, you probably will be able to comfortably jog 5 miles per hour with a month or so, depending on your age and overall fitness level. Running conditions must also be factored in. You have to increase mileage slowly or you'll likely end up with an overuse injury-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It would probably be 4 miles. You'd need to start slowly and build up gradually.

Answer by Bmat at 12:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2011