if you are a smoker and decide to do some brisk walking(but still smoke occasionally) are you doing something good in some way?

My dad he is 70 and started walking it has been a year now but he still smokes I guess it's a good thing but the smoking is the bad part he has tried to quit but can't very bad habit that smoking :(
Thanks Ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• Well, of course...it would be better than being a smoker and NOT walking...
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I read somewhere a long time ago that being a smoker and active is still better than being a nonsmoker and inactive. Let me see if I can find anything to support my claim though.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'm sure he's still improved his health a bit.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I smoke AND exercise....... I'm pretty sure it's better than not exercising at all
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Well walking is always good for you but a smocker it helps loosen up your chest.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It's great that he's physical, but smoking causes lung cancer, period.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yeah, I don't think walking is going to offset the damage being caused to his mouth, throat, lungs, etc, but walking could have benefits such as helping with his balance and muscle tone, so sure, walking is better than NOT walking. Still, he really should try to quit smoking :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2011