How long does it take for you body to detox from being addicted to sugar and sodas?

I'm quitting sugar and soda cold turkey and I want to know how long it took you to get over feeling like you were addicted to it, or craved it?

CABlonde

Asked by CABlonde at 12:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I have stopped taking in excess sugar for 3 weeks now and still have cravings just not as strong as they were at first. I can say that I "fell off the wagon" over the weekend b/c I really splurged, but felt guilty afterward. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i still want soda every once in a while, but i don't need it. that was over a year ago. i've never liked sugar or candy at all, yuck. but the soda i can relate too. prolly about a month
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• When I quit chocolate a long time ago (I was eating a lot a day) it took me 3 days to feel ok and not crave it.

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I think it depends on the person, I have stopped using sugar this past week in my coffee & using sugar sub. for me its a little unnerving but I know it is for the best good luck
    camarolady

Answer by camarolady at 1:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i think you should go slow rather than cold turkey, that way you won't crave a sweet binge.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 6:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It took me a little more than a month to start feeling better.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks. I think it all depends on how you manage it. make sure to drink water, take supplements, get plenty of rest and exercise as well, and eat healthy.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:14 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I wouldn't quit cold turkey - wean slowly
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2011