Has anyone had expierence with multple C-sections?

I'm trying for my 3rd child. This will end up being my 3rd C-section and I'm concerned. Does it cause more complications? My last 2 pregnancies were normal with the acception that my son was 4 weekds early but it wasn't because of any medical issue. Does anyone know the risk of the placenta attaching to the scar tissue? If that does happen could I lose the baby? My docor says I don't have anything to worry about but I would feel better hearing from others.

kellar2

Asked by kellar2 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• I had 3 c-sections...I have 3 healthy sons, and no complications do to the number of c-sections.

Relax, take care of yourself, and I'll be wishing you an easy surgery and recovery.....*hugs* to you momma!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i know this lady who had like 5 (maybe more now she was a drug addict and has had a child every 2 years since shes been 19), she was my MIL's friend and my MIL was at the birth of one of them and said the doctor said her uterus was ridiculously scarred, but i guess she went on to have another one after that!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My hubby worries that he could lose me or the baby if the placenta attached to the scar tissue. I don't know what the doctors do when that happens.
    kellar2

Comment by kellar2 (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'm on my 3rd pregnancy after 2 previous c-sections and no problems here. My doctor advised me to not have anymore pregnancies after the 3rd because the risk goes up with every one. Also if you have c-sections close together, one right after the other with no real space in time between them, that can also cause problems.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I've only had one C-sections & plan to w/ our next child as well. I've looked into VBACs & they don't seem safe to me. My OB/GYN refuses to do them & will let you know up front.

~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Have you considered a VBAC? The risks associated with a VBAC are lower than having multiple c/s.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 2:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My first ended up being a C-section because they couldn't get me past being dialated at 7. My daughters head started to get stuck. The midwife I saw for the birth of my second told me that with him it wouldn't be an option for a VBAC because I'm just to narrow for a VB.
    kellar2

Comment by kellar2 (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2011