Please help with College paper!

"Here is no hope of doing perfect research"

Do you agree?

Description: Discuss with detailed reference to at least two examples of your research done in schools that you have been studying.

It's my first year in college and I haven't really had any experience with doing any kind of research before.. Any ideas on how I can begin? What is your opinion on the subject?

Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in

• when I first start to research something I always go to Wikipedia. I read what is on there and branch my way out. My outline for my research always looks like a tree with topics and sub topics. Good luck!
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• how about staying off of social forums and going to the library??
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• First you need to answer the question for yourself....do you agree that there is no hope of doing perfect research? Myself, I'd have to say I agree because whatever sources you use have the aspect of being someone elses opinion on the subject. There's also the aspect that the person doing the research may have neglected or not seen an aspect of it. From there you go into research you have done in your previous school experiences and discuss examples of that research in detail: What the research subject was, how you went about getting the information, sources you used, etc. Remember, there is no such thing as "perfect" in anything done by man because man himself is not perfect, therefore, he cannot do or make anything perfectly. When we use the term "perfect", we mean that to us, it's as good as it could possibly be and as far as we know, it is without flaw. Does that help at all?
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 12:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• @Conley639 I love the topics and subtopics idea, thanks!

@Meriana, Thank you so much, this actually helps a lot. I'm going to take your advice! :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• OP, you're welcome, glad it helped. I'd love to see your paper when you're done.....
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 1:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I agree with meriana!! I think I am going to use her suggestions for the 3 papers I have to research and write in my English Comp class.

jewjewbee--you are rude. If you haven't written a research paper, how can the person have any idea how to answer the question? Going to the library without knowing what you are doing, isn't going to help. Some people need GUIDANCE and that is OK.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Thank you again Meriana, maybe I will send it to you to proof read? Many many thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• If you'd like to, I'd love to proof read it . I used to proof read for friends in college. I'll send my email in a message.

@tyfry7496...English Comp.....what fun...loved those classes!
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 5:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Ok, not letting me get to your profile page to send a message. Just let me know when you are done with it and we'll figure it out. I don't really like posting my email on boards.....
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 5:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• meriana-- I would love to have someone neutral proofread for me!!! Not so sure I like English Comp or not, but I am a pretty strong writer and will get even stronger once I am in my Bachelor's in Social Work program...it is a LOT of writing papers.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

Next question in
anyone use Visions in education?

Next question overall (Diet & Fitness)
Weight loss!