What are some anger management steps for 7 year olds.

Novice2

Asked by Novice2 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm inclined to say
    Step One: Whoop his little ass
    But I won't say that today.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• The same as everyone else:

Breathe
    Take a break
    Step back
    Count to 10
    Re-frame your interpretation of events
    Re-evaluate what the events 'mean'
    Reconnect with your goals in life and your personal values

Avoid: screaming, venting, punching pillows, shouting --everything that takes the anger out in a physical way amplifies the feelings rather than evaluating whether they're accurate, helpful or even really your own.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Depends on what is causing the anger - what the 7 year old is doing during an anger fit.- how your family life, stability is - any new changes. if there are valid reasons for the anger outburst, then you have to recognize that first and then see where to go
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Just breathe... Sometimes you just need to step away for a minute then deal with it a little better to process. If ur child is angry there's probably some stuff he/she can't control. If so maybe you can let them have a little control in some parts of their life. But sometimes someone is bothering or bullying them and they may lash out at home. A little girl was bullying my daughter and I thought she was just adjusting to her new school or our divorce. But another little girl had a problem with another child and I randomly asked my child if someone was bothering her. she finally confided that a little girl would run around and bug the girls or take their toys etc during recess. So I had a talk with the teacher and I talked with my daughter on how to handle it. Good luck to you!
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 12:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2011