For all single mommas...what are your plans for vday?

Since i no longer have a valentine (besides my DD's lol) I might just stay home, or go out to dinner w/ them (=

...another question...a friend wants to go out for vday (he is my ex best friends, ex boyfriend) he was my friend first, and i introduced them. Her & I no longer talk AT ALL and i never want to again. she is happily w/ someone else and her and the ex don't talk AT ALL either. It's just strictly friends between him & i. Should I go out to dinner w/ him?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I am giving my kids a little bagful of crafts and candy each. I have two. I will also be home making something with lots of chocolate in it. Then we're gonna eat as much as we can until we're just about to get sick! lol
    saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 1:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• To answer your second question. I think it is ok for friends to go out to dinner. If he was a she, you wouldn't be asking... unless you like-like him and wonder if there is more than simple friendship? Only you can answer that.
    saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 1:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I could NEVER date him, EVER! I'm just asking because I know if she went out with my ex, regardless i'd be mad. But in the end, I guess it doesn't really matter because we will never talk again in life.

salty-save some for me & my dd's too lol!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'm guessing it will be any other day in our house. Maybe make some cookies with my ds.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 1:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My daughters bf from Miami will be in town so we will be showing him what cold is really like and it will be his first time seeing snow so this should be fun :D
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'll probably take my DS out to lunch, take him to Toysrus to pick a toy, and then a movie. It's a day for your loved ones I don't mind spoiling him that day.

I don't think there's anything wrong with going out to dinner with a friend. Especially since your not even friends with his ex anymore. Go out enjoy yourself.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I haven't ever really celebrated Vday. I think it is dumb to have just one day devoted to showing someone you care about them. I try to do that everyday. It will be just another day here.

I see no problem with you going out with your friend for dinner. Go and have fun!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'm doing nothing. Like any other holiday, the price on that day is so jacked out of proportion that it's not worth it.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• give treats to my kids and treat myself good
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2011