I am feeling anxious! My husband might get laid off today!!!

My husband jut left for his meeting at work to find out if he is getting laid off. Keeping him busy and from worrying really helped me keep my mind off of it, but he is gone and I am starting to freak out.

What do you do when you are stressed to the max?

UPDATE!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/715734/UPDATE_I_am_feeling_anxious_My_husband_might_get_laid_off_today_UPDATE

thanks so much Ladies!

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 1:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• I read a book, take a long hot bath, exercise, go for a walk.

Good Luck to your hubby! I hope he keeps he's job.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Breathe.

What is actually happening to your body right this second? Are you sitting or standing or lying down? What can you actually see in front of you? How warm are you feet feeling?

What you're anxious about is not happening. When you find out what happened, it will be happening, and at that point you can do something about it (including freak out if you think that's going to help anything)... but until then, you're having emotional and physical responses that are damaging your body, and they are related to Fantasy.

It's like sitting in a movie theater watching someone else's life: you are not also watching your own, and the whole time your body is responding to the one on the screen As If it were happening to you, stress hormones and all.

Stress hormones are damaging your body WHILE YOU ARE AT EASE, AT REST, SAFE AT HOME.

Do you see the problem with allowing your thoughts to go wherever they go?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I am sorry for the news you recieved. When I am stressed I do a long hot bath with candles and soft music. I hope things work out for you!
    AngelMommyof6

Answer by AngelMommyof6 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• eat
    kylesmom

Answer by kylesmom at 1:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Will keep my fingers crossed that everything is okay for you guys...
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Take deep breaths, pray, read, and watch tv to get my mind off it. That's what I do, and usually in that order.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I clean like a maniac & vacuum. Good Luck & best wishes, I hope everything is OK.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Linda's advice is great, but impractical for many. Distraction sounds like it was working for you, so I would go with that. I clean when I get anxious, you can try that.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Also, I pray A LOT!
    ILovemyPaulie

• I hope all goes well for him and your family. My DH was laid off for a year and a half. It was nice to have him home with our young boys...a gift in hindsight, but it was stressful. We got unemployment,and eventually he was called back. I never thought it would happen. The thought of starting over at 42 was scary. I did learn however, that what is going to happen will happen and freaking out only hurts your health. I would stay positive, get organized...hope for the best, expect the worst...then be thinking about your plan of what you will do next. I think keeping buys and working proactively helps me the most. If I am doing something to help a bad situation, at least I am doing something, not just sitting by while life lives me. Good luck and positive thoughts coming your way, keep us posted.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011