Colic Help!!

My DS is 3months old and has colic. He is breastfeeding and is gaining weight well, no allergies, refuses a bottle and all pacifiers. I am a stay at home mom and exhausted. Is there any advice out there to help get throught the colic peak???

AngelMommyof6

Asked by AngelMommyof6 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was colic as well. Sometime I would but her in her carseat and set it on top of a running dryer and it would calm her
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My son had colic, and turns out he had a food sensitivity to citrus. Once we eliminated citrus from his diet, he was fine. Of course I didn't find out about that till he was weaned and 18 months old.

Colic Calm worked wonders for us. The gripe water found in pharmacy stores didn't help at all. Maybe get the food sensitivy and allergy test done by US Bio Tek (no doctor needed) and see if he might have a problem with foods.

Or you can go to www.askdrsears.com and look at their elimination diet if you're short on cash.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• RUN to the store and buy stock in GRIPE WATER....you may be sending a BIG KISS to the person who invented this magical stuff!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• my son was the same way..i almost lost my mind so i know how you feel! i know you said he has no allergies but after my son crying endlessly and never taking a bottle or paci..i made the dr test his stool..turned out he was allergic to milk, we switched from breast milk to formula and he slept for 7 hours like an angel.
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 3:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Extra nursing - for comfort

Answer by rkoloms at 9:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Giving my daughter a bath alway calmed her for a little while. It wasn't a all night solution but it gave me 30 mins to an hour after of peace. GL Colic is rough!!
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Have you tried the colic hold? My father taught it to me. His version is to place one hand under the baby so you're supporting his head with your fingers and your palm is on his stomach. then place your other hand under his butt.then rock your hands back and forth, the other is to place your baby on your forearm. Like your carrying a football. his head at your elbow, your hand between his legs. Again rock him back and forth.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 3:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2011