This may be a gross question, but... adult content

This may be a gross question, but... I need some help on getting my 13 yo to change her pad. She spaces it off and her panties get pretty bad, she doesn't take them (extras to school). She showers every day, but that isn't the point it's the fact of it being gross and I'm tired of washing them, Yuk!! What would you do to make this cease??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Make her wash them.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Spaces it off?
    Anonymous

• what if she leaks on her pants everyone will see.. Tell her to change cause it will stink and everyone could smell it.
    Anonymous

• When I was a teen we were always responsible for washing our own panties out - by hand - when they got blood on them. You may also want to explain to her the dangers of wearing a pad to long. Like tampons pads can cause TSS, bacterial infections and other health issues if worn to long without being changed.

I would also look in to getting her a cup. They are much cleaner, there is nothing to "change" - she can just remove it & dump when she uses the bathroom and then replace. I find them to be much easier than pads or tampons and there is no dangerous chemicals.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Make her do her own laundry.
    KelliW29

Answer by KelliW29 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I agree with Sabrina on this one.

Also, don't wash them. If you have to, put them in a plastic bag in her bedroom if she refuses to wash them. If it's happening because of her laziness, then she needs to be the one to wash them. If she ends up running out of underwear, then too bad for her.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• She is still only 13....did you ever sit down w/ her and talk about it. If she is new to her cycle she may just need some information. Show her how to place them if she's not putting them in right, explain about changing every so often. If she's not taking them to school it may be because she's embarrassed. Give her a little bag to carry them discreetly in or get her ultra thin pads and tell her to keep one in the pocket in her clothes. Find out why and give her the knowledge.
    supermeof3

Answer by supermeof3 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Have her do her own laundry. I know it is a tough thing to talk about but you need to explain dangers of it, the odor, and her life. She doesnt want to be the stinky girl in Junior High, she doesnt want to bleed thru her pad onto her pants for all the world to see. Or get smaller absorbant pads it will make her change more often. Some people think its great to have a large absorbant pad but kids tend to think differently.
    Ebuttens

Answer by Ebuttens at 1:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have talked to her about all the things you all state above. It is pure laziness on her part. I will have her wash her own panties. I haven't done that, just talked to her about every....thing.... you all have said more than once. She has a stinky girl in her class and we have talked about her, etc. I have told her she wear only certain ones during her period too so they don't get stained. She has super obsorbant ones (overnight ones) know it's because she isn't changing them. I will bring up the infections, etc AGAIN. THANKS!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Tampon and pad together?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2011