How do you fit in "me" time when you have a full time job and then have to come home and make sure everything is done for the next day? Then get to bed so that you can do it all over the next day?????

SharMarEpp

Asked by SharMarEpp at 1:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• I don't have any real "me time" unless I make it and even then it's very short. I'm a single mama of a special needs kid and that's just the way it is... I try not to give it too much thought... Things are different now and that's life...
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 1:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i don't work, but i have my 3 yo with me all day! my other 3 boys go to school and hubby works LONG hours so me time is a nil! i could prolly plan for it, have a weekend where hubby watches the kids, but then i know i have to come home and do all the stuff, laundry, dishes, ect, that did not get done that day! it almost is not worth it. but every onece in a while, an oppurtunity just falls in my lap! this past weekend, the kids played quietly, hubby napped, and got to hang out in bed and watch LMN!! that was my ME time! :)
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 1:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It's sad to say, but once I week I don't do any Housework & I leave that day for me. My son goes to school at 8AM so I'll drop him off & go get breakfast with a Friend & then do some shopping or come Home & read a book. It's hard but I do what I have to do, because getting soe ME time was my New Year's Resolution...and I'm sticking to it =)

~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have me time during the day when husband and girls are in school. that is time for chores. But if looking for free time for yourself put kids to bed a little earlier for you time.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It's kind of that way with me too. I get frustrated because I come home and the dishes haven't been washed, no laundry has been done, yet DH is home all day. Granted he watches our son when he gets out of school (he's home by 11:30), but it's not as if that's preventing him from doing anything, he just doesn't do it. So I get home, and either I have to take care of that stuff, plus get our son to bed. It's 9, sometimes 10 before I have a chance to myself.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• You let some of the stuff at home go every once in a while......At least one day of week....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I like Richard Carlson's take on 'me-time' --what way would be a better way to spend 'me-time' than with the people you love the most in the world?

If you value your work, and the product of your work, then doing it until bedtime is acceptable --even the kind of thing you'd be not only grateful for, but also feel pride in. Every single day.

If, otoh, your work has no value --it's drudgery that *should* be done by a slave or an animal-- or its product has no value to you (who cares if you have clean clothes, a nice home, healthy children?) you will find yourself a bitter martyr even if you manage to talk everyone else into doing most of the work that is beneath you.

Check your values. Check your goals.

If housework, homemaking and childrearing are not on either of those lists, best you find someone else to take over for you so you can go do what is important in your life, so you can be valuable. And important.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Me time = the shower or jogging on weekends before everyone is up, or my lunch hour at work. Carve it out, make it double-duty.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2011