Son turning 16 yr old.... party ideas ?

its easy to plan a sweet 16 party for a girl.... but i have a son so plz help me give him a "cool" party for guys ........

mistik75

Asked by mistik75 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• What does he want? That's the route I would take.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• girl, he wants a sports car............ he is just not realistic LOL
    mistik75

Comment by mistik75 (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• There's no way I'd give a 16 yr old boy a party without his permission and him planning it. Sorry but a well meaning mom planning a party for a boy that age could seriously damage his social life if it's not done to meet HIS social needs. I'm not being mean. I just know my son and grandsons would be devastated if I even mentioned throwing them a party for their 16th bday

Answer by admckenzie at 1:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It depends on what his interests are and how much you want to spend. Tickets to a pro sports event in the area for he and a couple of friends? Rent out a movie theatre for a major sports event (SuperBowl, NCAA tourney)? In our area there is an extended van complete with a myriad of game systems (Wii, Playstation, XBox) and has huge screen tvs on the outside/inside for the guys to play for a few hours - they come to you.

Answer by missanc at 1:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• For a guy, pizza and friends over to watch movies and play video games. Nothing fancy. It isn't necessary just because they are turning 16. 16 is just another age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• How about a party with his favorite rappers
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• My son will be turning 16 next year and I have also been thinking about it. I will most likely have a large family party for him. I don't think you can plan a party with friends without consulting him.
    jwpmom

Answer by jwpmom at 9:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• By 16 if you want to celebrate go out as a family to his favorite restaurant. As far as a party, that should be up to his friends and him.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:51 AM on Jan. 28, 2011