In home exercise equipment... Got any? I have questions...

I want to buy some in home excersice equipment.

But I have a few questions.

Stationary Exercise Bikes
Elliptical Trainers
Treadmills
Stair Climbers

Which one would be best suited for someone with overall weight to lose. Limited in home space and on a budget of 600 clams?

Thanks for any help ladies.

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 1:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I have a total gym, works great for the entire body. My DD got a simple stationary bike from FreeCycle, I ride that every day.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 1:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have Brenda Dygraf's Air Climber: www.theairclimber.com and I love that and it's portable yet durable.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We bought a stationary exercise bike at the beginning of december. We love it and have used it eeryday. My huband has lost close to 20 poundfs so far. I dont know which one is the best tho sorry. We paid $280 and it was well worth our money :)
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I personally think any of those would work as long as you're elevating your heart rate for an extended period of time and remember to include eating healthy foods. Just make sure you're very diligent about using it, too. I am certainly not the first person who has had a piece of in-home exercise equip that just sits there collecting dust. Happens to most of us.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 1:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have an elliptical. Love it! Great workout all around. FYI - make sure you check for height clearance (when on it) before you purchase it. Low ceilings and some ellipticals don't work well together. :o) Good luck with your decision!
    twinnmom222

Answer by twinnmom222 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i think an eliptical, it helps to burn calories much faster.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 6:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have had all of these except for the elliptical. I bought a stationary bike, one of the nice ones with the extra large seat, and i got bored with it real fast. I was bored to death just setting there pedaling. I did not get much benefit from that. So i sold that thing. I still got my stair climber, i like it. I also got the Brenda Dykraft air climber, didn't like it. I cannot feel it working like the stair climber. The treadmill is the best workout, and you can do different stuff on it, different speeds and even do interval workouts on it. I would like to get me an elliptical, but seeing how big those machines are, i am wandering if i should get one, because i have a low ceiling.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I've had them all...but the elliptical is the one that I always used....and it did pretty good with an overall body workout (hips, legs, arms, tummy).
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:24 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Resistance bands, weights, balance ball, they are all great and not expensive.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I love the elliptical!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011