If you do not believe in a Grand Creator...............

Then where did the earth and everything else come from???

LizzieAnnesMom

Asked by LizzieAnnesMom at 1:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Where did the "grand creator" come from?
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Accretion..... look it up.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My personal theory is that time is never ending. No beginning and no end. I think somewhere so far off in space that we can't see it are other planets like us. Things that just spontaneously formed from other things that have broken off and decayed over the years. I can't clearly get my thoughts across, but I did try. If new scientific theories come up, I am more than willing to change my theory.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I don't know and I don't CARE. One day science WILL have an answer, so why worry my pretty little head about it by guessing?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• First off: why does it have to 'come from' anywhere? It is a rather limited imagination that can't suppose something has always been...

Second, it is a process, not a product. Like 'growing' is a process --a 3yo is not half a 6yo, and a 6 million year old planet is not 1000 times a 6,000yo planet. Pick the age you'd like it to be: it's not a fraction of what it will ultimately be (however long it exists) nor is it a multiple of how old it was before. It is 'the same planet, developing, changing, continuing.'

It has been said that Westerners have a great deal of difficulty understanding the difference between a process and a product, being ever so uncomfortable with 'becoming' and so much happier with This or That, definite and distinct. We have trouble discussing changing (evolving) influenza variants to the idea that people are 'done' growing or changing once they pass puberty, life isn't This or That.

Life isn't tidy.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• It just IS. Nothing exists outside it to create it. The universe essentially creates itself. I explain it with science and Pantheism.

The quantum theory of gravity has opened up a new possibility, in which there would be no boundary to space time. . . There would be no singularities at which the laws of science broke down and no edge of space-time at which one would have to appeal to God or some new law to set the boundary conditions for space-time. . . The universe would be completely self-contained and not affected by anything outside itself. It would neither be created nor destroyed. It would just BE. . . What place, then, for a creator?
    Stephen Hawking, 1988 (from Scientific Pantheism page)
    Pantheism

Some Pantheists believe in an Omniverse:
    But who created the universe?
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I dam not going to look up what you believe for you. Why don't you tell me what you believe.

In Psalms 90:2 it states 'from time indefinite to time indefinite you are God". He has always existed and will always exist. he didnt come from anything.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Comment by LizzieAnnesMom (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Very interesting points.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Comment by LizzieAnnesMom (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• So if god always existed and didn't come from anything, why can't the earth? At least with the earth we have actual proof it exists!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 2:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I believe in a Gran Creator.
    Waitaminute808

Answer by Waitaminute808 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2011