Married ladies have you reconnected w/ your 1st love if not DH?

I spoke to m y first love, the love of my life yesterday and I feel shaken up inside. We just talked and I do not intend for it to go any further. Do you keep in touch w/ your exes on a platonic level? Is it possible w/out developing an emotional attachment?

PatricksMama07

Asked by PatricksMama07 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I keep in touch with my first young love (i say young becasue it was junior high). we've always remainded good freinds, and he's even friends with my husband (we all went to the same high school). Now my other love (physicall, a little older) was killed by a drunk driver a long time ago.

You may have those teenage love feelings agian, that's why the shaken up feelings. but please keep in mind that you were a different age, it was a different time, and you were not the same person (marriage and kids change us). Unless this is a freindship that you can share WITH your husband, it's proably best to let the past go it's own way. Just my advice.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 1:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My dh doesn't allow me to speak to any of my ex bf. he think if i were to speak to them i would probably fall for them again and leave him. but when we were separated i did speak to my 1st true love and i thought it was nice. i didn't get any kind of feeling inside for him. we have both grown up and are both very different then we used to be when we dated. but it was nice to catch up with him.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Well we were friends, and my husband knew we emailed back and forth every once in a while but then his sister told me all the stories he made up about our past and said I cheated on him which was a lie so I called off the friendship. He's no friend of mine if he's going ti lie about what really happen in our past.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Sure we are friends on FB although I havent seen him in a long time! He was agreat guy then and still is! He is marriied to a great lady and they have 3 kids and live about 3 hours from us
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Only online. It shook me up at first a little, but we've been in touch here and there on facebook for the last few years, and it no longer affects me emotionally.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• reconnected? no. We never really disconnected. We are still friends, as I am with other past loves. It is my belief that when you love someone, you love them forever. My husband is my chosen mate, and the one that I want to be with. I still have an emotional attachment to former partners, and feel that I likely always will. The ones that I am still in contact with are all great people, but my husband is the one for me.

I think that "developing" and emotional attachment would be detrimental to your marriage, as you are actively seeking to create one, that wasn't already there.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• He's dead, sadly. He got into drugs and died of an overdose in 1995.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:13 AM on Jan. 26, 2011