Help?

I had cavities filled and they did x-rays and i may be preggy? Can anything happen to the baby? I read that x-rays up there are okay... but what about the deadining?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• My sis in law is a dental assistant.. she said x-rays are not recommended, but this early on you should be fine.

BTW- I sprained my ankle and recieved x-rays, then re-sprained it (ouch) two weeks later and recieved more x-rays- a week after that I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant.

My baby is healthy and happy.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 9:36 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I was 8 months pregnant and had to get dental work done. It is completly harmless. They just dont want you to get too stressed cause thats not good on the baby being that far along. X-Rays are not recomended but as long as the Dr. Protected your belly u will be fine. My Dr. put on like 3 of those bib things to do my xray
    QTMamma01

Answer by QTMamma01 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Don't worry, just avoid them from now on. If they are necessary again, discuss it with your doctor first.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2008