what can I do to tone and flatten my tummy?

free1

Asked by free1 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• It depends on what the problem is. If there is fat, you can't spot reduce just on the tummy area. If no fat is in the way just do ab exercises. You can google specific ones.
    Anonymous

• Agreed. You need overall cardio and aerobic exercise to eliminate fat....you can't predict where that will come off, but you can do toning exercises to target the muscles in the stomach, things like crunches
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Lower your bodyfat%, and do pilates, ballet, yoga or tae bo --all serious core work that will strengthen your whole middle, narrowing you from front to back as well as flattening and toning.

Don't look to rid your body of that little pooch at the bottom of your abdomen --not only is it the sexiest symptom of being fertile and healthy, which men unconsciously love... but it is also necessary, inevitable and healthy. Oh, and it looks worse to you than it does to anyone else, no one else sees it looking straight down.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Thanks Ladies. I have already started to do some crunches. I'll add your other helpful ideas along the way.
    free1

Comment by free1 (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I agree that crunches are the way to go. I do have a little wheel my aunt gave me that has a handle on either side. You are supposed to sit on your knees and then push it out with your hands and then pull it back in. It is so dang hard and seems to work out my belly way more than doing crunches. However, I have no idea what it is called.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Quote: "Don't look to rid your body of that little pooch at the bottom of your abdomen --not only is it the sexiest symptom of being fertile and healthy, which men unconsciously love... but it is also necessary, inevitable and healthy. Oh, and it looks worse to you than it does to anyone else, no one else sees it looking straight down. "

This put a BIG smile on my face! AWESOME take on self image!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Pilates, core exercises, crunches, watch your posture.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:10 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• diet & exercise
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• diet and exercise.
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2011