HOw to tell you sister....

How do i tell my sister shes, mean, rude, biatchy, boring and full of drama. Thats shes so self centered that im suprised she has friends.
We went to church to see my mom get baptised, and shes so ANTI relgious BECAUSE of her husband that i felt so uncomfortable in a place that i love being. She was rude, and disrepectful. Her Husband, afterward, came to me and said "its sad your mom just got brainwashed" i was soooo mad!
I am not trying to bring up religion but thats the most recent thing that happened and i really dislike my sister and her husband for what they did on a day that my mom thought was very special! ARGH

Thoughts?

**** Just to add to this. I was very sad yesturday when my sister found out she was having a boy- her first child (she is a step mom to a boy as well) she was ANGRY with the idea. i even tried to cheer her up and we wne t shopping for boy stuff but the entire time she mopped around. I understand she wanted a girl really bad. i do, but shouldnt she just be happy that he is healthy and going to be beautiful? it was just something that frusrtaed me. it makes me sad to know that my sister is so unhappy with her life and it hard knowing i cant do anything for her.

Pixie_Mom_of2

Asked by Pixie_Mom_of2 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• We can pick our friends, but sadly we are stuck with the family we were born with. My sister is an idiot too, lol
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• He may have thought "brainwashed" was a pretty funny joke "brain = head" washed? Anyway. At least they were there, which shows a lot of effort and respect. Forgive them.

Answer by Bmat at 2:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I would just tell her how I feel and why did they even go?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Fight fire with water, not fire. So be cool, be flexible, be soft. Ok so she sucks. Ok so she is disrespectful. And can't you be the Christian and pray for her and treat her and her man kindly despite their confusion? They are just lost, honey, just like we all are. Getting mad and fuming solves nothing. Except that its fun sometimes.
    Waitaminute808

Answer by Waitaminute808 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I can fogive them, but it frustrates me. Every word out of their mouth that is always negitive about me. My sister is hard to talk to, i can't tell her anything, yet shes gets mad when i dont talk to her. I really just needed to vent.
    Pixie_Mom_of2

Comment by Pixie_Mom_of2 (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Im wondering why they even went if they are so against religion. I hope it wasnt just to be rude and disrespectful. I would just send an email or call and say hey you guys acted pretty disrespectful at moms baptism. It really made me mad. I would also tell my sister that you no longer want to hear her negative comments or drama and if it coninues you will just have to spend less time with her.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• If you really think those things about your sister, they you should probably hold your tongue, and try to distance yourself from her in the future.

As an aside, I would do some introspection and find out why you think those things. Both forgiving and being a positive role model go a long way.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I wouldn't say anything. I would ignore her, try to spend as little time with her as possible, and not invite her to the kinds of occasions where she can act that way.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I honestly would cut them out of my life. if they could care less about you and your family why should you continue to care about them. they are in there own little world, let them stay alone in there world. i know she is your sister and I'm sure you love her with all your heart but one day she will see what a jerk she was to you and your family then maybe you both can reconcile. hope things get better between you both.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• you could get a T shirt made with the words...
    i am with the bitchy, mean, rude, boring, self centered, disrepectful, drama sister
    don't forget the arrow and stand on the correct side of her when you see her next
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2011