How long did you wait?

Until you moved in with your SO or married or SO? If you are not married or moved in how long do you think you should wait to move in or get married- if you KNOW he is the right one?

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Here's a tip: if you want to get married, don't move in together. Speeds it up.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We got married pretty fast with my husband, after only 9 months. We knew it was right. It worked for us but I wouldn't suggest it for other couples though, I would suggest at least 1.5 years before marrying. Meaning, 1.5-2 years of living together. I think it's a good amount of time to see how you work together in every day routine and life, your habits, your annoying ones and your nice ones, if you can be good with eachother.
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I didn't live with my husband before we were married, I didn't think that would set a good example for my kids. 3 months into our relationship I knew he was the one, and so did he, but we dated for 2 years, then were engaged for about 6 months. I think people should date "at least" a year, especially if there are kids involved, before moving in together or getting married.

Answer by missanc at 2:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We had been dating only about 5 mo before we moved in and lived together for about a year or so before he asked me to marry him ...IMO it was the best because we got to see the good the bad and the ugly before committing
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• With my second husband we moved in 3 months after we met
    Married 2years later. 7 years later we are doing good. It was whirlwind but
    moving in early worked for us.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We knew each other 9 months before we married
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Well, I didn't live with my ex-husband before we married and now I wish I had. I may not have married him.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We got married after being together for almost 2 years.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We were both divorced with kids so we dated like 6-7.years and just got married last February. There was no living together not with kids involved.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2011