What do you think about the values in veggie tales?

I have seen some of them and I agree some are okay and good. Others not so much values wise. What do you think?

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I've never watched them, but my children saw them at other people's houses and HATED them.

The underlying value of the whole program, appears to my kids at least, to be Kids are Stupid and Will Believe Anything They're Told.

They felt that the 'message' of the pieces were often not what the Message said it was, more often it was 'bullying is fine' and 'feel free to be incredibly disrespectful'...

My poor children raised without morals.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Um I don't really know. My son doesn't watch the show, he just likes me to look up the music videos on Youtube. He also likes the movie "The Pirates That Don't Do Anything." But that's about it. We tried watching the show but couldn't really get into it.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I think if more kids watched VEGGIE TALES, we'd all be kinder to one another.
    SeakingPeace

Answer by SeakingPeace at 2:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My children love Veggie Tales and that program is more along the line of teaching the stories of the Bible I would think more than anything else.
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• the ones I seen taught good morals.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• We have 2 vegi tales movies.(I didnt buy either one they were gifts from my sons father). One is about sharing (has to do with a king being greedy about rubber ducks). That one I am okay with one- good morals/values. The other one is called Dave and the wall (or something like that). I HATE this one. It has bad values and morals. It shows that "GOD" gets mad at us and punishes us if we get scared (vegis got scared and ran away case they were scared of something new). It also teaches children that they should not think for themselves and follow blindly (If "GOD" tells you to do it-even if it sounds crazy- do it without question or thinking of it.) And it teaches you that it is okay to come in a bully others and take their things (when they kicked out people from their home, who were living in the castle that "GOD" had given them 80 years prior- that no one knew belonged to anyone.) My son even knows that is bad behavior.
    MamaWolf1981

Comment by MamaWolf1981 (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2011