What's the worst thing that someone told you verbally. How do or did you feel at the time?

My ex called me fat, which shocked me at the time. I'm over it know. I just finally ignored him, and concentrated on me, and now I feel better about myself and my life. And you know? I'm doing and feeling fine now.'

free1

Asked by free1 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• this lady at the local supermarket standing behind me was complaining that the line was so long and she couldn't
    believe they let "dirty mexicans" go first instead to them. I turned around to her and said that that was very disrespectful to say and she was speechless. she probably didn't think i spoke english. i could have got all in her face but what would that prove? people like that who try to hurt you are not worth time or energy. just brush them off.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• That's right. Because you spoke up for yourself and she in the end was embarassed probabbly. Like you said brush them off. It's not worth the energy.
    free1

Comment by free1 (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My ex husband called.me bi***-too many times to count, slut, whore-often he could throw in stupid infront of those words as well- nice huh?
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yeah, that's probably why he is your "ex." Anyway, always think good thoughts about yourself, no matter the situation.
    free1

Comment by free1 (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• The statement was "It's too bad you're so unattractive, because you're really funny and smart. If you were prettier, I'd date you."

My response was "It's too bad you're dumber than dogshit, if you were smarter maybe you could find your ass with both hands and a flashlight."
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:08 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Good You told him. Funny.
    free1

Comment by free1 (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• BUMP!
    free1

Comment by free1 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2011