I've had a Mirena IUD for a year and a half and my periods are still irregular. Anyone else experience this?

Sometimes it comes every three weeks and other times it's almost five weeks before I see my period. Flow levels vary too.

Jonescatnj

Asked by Jonescatnj at 2:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• I did. I finally had them take it out cause it wasn't helping any.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 2:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i see SOOO many posts about people having problems with the mirena. i had the paragaurd, with way less trouble. i only got it removed recently because i didnt want to use any bc for awhile. give my body a break & be free of anything there that i wasnt born with! & all those others with the hormones throwing your normal hormonal balance outta wack.i just took a break. condoms for me.plus if i get pregnant i get pregnant.
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Never used it, but even the commercials for Mirena say this can happen. Didn't your doctor go over it with you??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011