searching for a laptop

Just wondering what you would suggest for a laptop. I'm mainly going to use it for the internet some writing pictures some music and one game. So i was just wondering what you would suggest. And what do you use for you anti virus on your computer

Justins_mommy05

Asked by Justins_mommy05 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Technology

• I use the freeware for anti-virus and spyware and malware protection.

It sounds like you don't need anything more than a netbook. They're the cheapest and easiest to carry around, if you can stand the shrunken keyboard.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• As a Mac user, I'm bias and would definitely suggest either a Macbook or Macbook pro. As far as PC's, probably HP, Dell, or Gateway. Toshiba's aren't bad either. Stay away from Acer's, everyone I know (including me) has had problems with them. Also Sony Vaio's have hardware issues and aren't a top 10 laptop to buy. Really though, if you're looking to buy a new computer, do your research on brand names and models that suit your needs.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i woul suggest you DONT buy an acer.
    mandieo

Answer by mandieo at 2:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I wouldn't purchase a netbook, especially if you plan to play a game on it. They are really slow. I would go to Best Buy to look and ask questions. Depending on the game you want to play, you may need a more beefy computer with a better than standard video card.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2011