Braxton-hicks?

I've been getting cramping and my mom seems to think it is just braxton-hicks. It's been going on for a few hours now, should I get it checked out or just listen to what my mom thinks?

Sammy4411

Asked by Sammy4411 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If the cramping isn't stopping you from doing things, I wouldn't worry about it. I had braxton-hicks contractions for 2 months before my kids were born.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 2:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• try relaxing lay down and put your feet up. seems normal to me though. listen to mom :)
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I had the same thing when i was pregnant. my mom said your bodys just getting ready and you know the rest. i didnt want to sound like a cry baby so i left it alone. 3 days later was my checkup and i was 5cm! i had her the next day =)
    MichelleLopez04

Answer by MichelleLopez04 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Drink water to make sure it isn't because you are dehdrated also how far along are you? It could be preterm labor as well. Luck
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Drink lots of water, lay on your left side and get up and walk around. If the pain doesn't seem to go down when you do these things for awhile, it could be something else. How far along are you? It could be just braxton hicks as some people have these a few months before delivery, and they can become pretty intense. Just take it easy and if it gets to where you can't handle them, then i'd call your doctor. I am currently 23 weeks pregnant and already having preterm labor symptoms and signs, so I know how you are feeling. Good luck :)
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 26, 2011