How have you changed since becoming a mom?

For me it's that I'm more expressive with my feelings. I used to hold everything in, but now I cry watching sappy movies, etc.

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 9:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Just for Fun

• All for the better that is for sure! But I think as a woman kids or not I tend to need to reinvent myself periodically.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:19 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I have changed alot. I have always tried to take up for the underdog, but since having my little girl, I have become even more outspoken. I also see things from my daughter's point of view more.
    I didn't know that I would end up being this way, but I am like a mama bear when it comes to my babies. I will fight tooth and nail, and to the death for my children. I also never knew I could love something so gross and irritating (sometimes) so much!!!
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 10:35 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• like thePP, i'vebecome more outspoken especially when he comes down to my babies. i see situations in a different light because i start to see them from there POV. i also have problems reading and watching the news becuase the "what if it were my child" circles me constantly. i can't imagine life without them anymore. like i really dont remember life before them, and honestly don't want to kwim?
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I am a lot more conscious of time. I used to think a year was forever, now I wonder where the time went.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• i am alot more boring! hehehe we use to party it up everynight! Now sit at home everynight watching tv and playing on the computers. Sometimes I miss my old life, but I knew I'd have to give it up when I had kids and I've never felt like I made wrong choice
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Yea I have changed a lot my son is 6months and I use to be so selfish and didnt care about much now my husband and my son come first and all the things I did dont even matter anymore lol.
    Kat1223

Answer by Kat1223 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I don't buy myself expensive things anymore. Come to think of it I hardly buy myself anything at all.
    thatgirl22143

Answer by thatgirl22143 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I've become a lot like my mother! I spend everything on my son - never on myself. I'm extremely patient with screaming and noises and silliness. I try new recipes. I'm at home a lot more - I used to plan my getaways every weekend!). I don't wear heels anymore! and more sexy pajamas...
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 2:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I have a changed a lot...i use to party, drink heavily, mess with drugs and other things that now I would never ever do. I drink ever once in a blue moon but at home when kids are in bed. I am very protective of my kids, try new recipes for dinner, I am at home with my kids or out with my kids, love the sweet things they do and have come immune to snotty noses, loud noises, dirty diapers, early mornings, sticky fingers and toys in odd places. Plus I spend all my extra money on the kids not me (my husband gets mad at me for this sometimes cause I will even use my b-day money on them)
    momma2JD

Answer by momma2JD at 10:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2008