He's never in the mood, and sometimes I'm not either...is this relationship doomed? adult content

My boyfriend and I talk about sex more than we do it. I'm getting extremely frustrated. The last time we had sex was probably two weeks ago, when we had a date night. It was wonderful. But ever since then, I'm either too tired of preoccupied with other things or he's too tired or preoccupied. I must mention that we don't live together, so it's not like we see each other every day.

I really wanted to give him oral sex a couple of days ago, and he was game, bu when he came over, we wound up watching tv, surfing the web, etc. By the time I was ready, it was past 1am and I was too tired. I was trying to get ready for bed, knowing that my toddler would be up by 7am (I needed to get some rest!).

I asked him today why he doesn't seem to be in the mood when he comes over, and he said he doesn't know-maybe he's tired. He said that maybe we could try again in a few days when we have another date night (we go out for dinner then go to his place).

What do you all think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Turn off the tv and the computer. Light a candle, have a glass of wine, maybe do a massage or something and the rest will probably take care of itself. Sometimes you have to put a little effort into setting the mood, and you can't let it get too late or you start feeling tired and thinking about everything you have to do the next day.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• is he coming over to your house each time this happends?
    perhaps the reminder of a kid is throwing him off-
    your relationships not doomed per say. lots of women barly ever have sex and are happy.
    try and figure out whats the issue tho..
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• How is y'all's nutrition?

Many times, lack of sex drive can be traced to nutritional deficiencies. 90% of Americans are deficient in key vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids, overcaffienated and stressed out, which causes further deficiencies in the very same neurotransmitters responsible for the healthy nervous and vascular system function responsible for sex drive and sexual response. If y'all's diet is largely processed foods, simple sugars, salt and caffiene, this could be the problem. PM me for information on dietary changes that could help you find your mojo again.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2011