MY husband has high blood pressure that will not get lower without meds.

Yet even when we follow his diet it seem to only be under control with meds. He has what consider a really stressful job but he loves every moment of it. He never bring work home really in a venting way just mostly jokes and things that make him laugh. I am not going to say he follows it at work but here at home we are very strict.

Does anyone have this problem? what have you tried to low it ?

karing4elmas

Asked by karing4elmas at 3:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• Daily exercise is a wonderful and sure way to lower blood pressure.

Answer by older at 3:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My husband has this problem but he has to take meds. Really the only thing he can do is exercise and eat right (and get out of stressful environment, but since its work that cant happen :)). If the problem doesnt go away they have to take meds! Best of luck.

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Exercise daily and eat healthy
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 3:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• When Duke University was studying various diets they were shocked to discover that not only did their engineered RICE diet work wonders --better than meds, and it includes regular gentle exercise-- but what also works better than meds is eating 2 sticks of celery a day.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My husband has this same problem!!! And we're doing "Omega" vitamins.... he's already been warned to get it down or he'll be placed on medications! I also changed his diet... healthier... whole grain bread, low fat meats, fresh fruits and veggies, and so forth... just can't get him off the soda!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Ask your doctor... Omega does help... we do "Omega 3-6-9" even though we only need the "3"
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• High Blood Pressure is hereditary. He must have other family members with it. Sometimes ALL you can do is take medication for it. I have taken many & really recommend Avalide or Diovan. What is more dangerous is NOT taking medication for high BP, NOT the meds. My Dad let his HBP go too long & now he is on dialysis.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• He does the recommended diet and excercise I do not knwo that he is doing at work because he no longer take lunch. Thank you all I just was hoping that there was something natural to take.
    karing4elmas

Comment by karing4elmas (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i dont know about something natural.... he would be helped by exercise and eating well, but beyond that i dont know
    Not.So.Virginal

Answer by Not.So.Virginal at 3:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• probably needs some daily exercise. maybe when he gets off of work the two of you can take a walk in your neighborhood.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 3:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2011