q for ASD mom's

right now my DS is having sooo much trouble with his OCD and Sensory (he has Autsim) he just turned 7 and his OCD is soo out of control. he's never been this bad. and his Sensory is just crazy. nothing is ever enough. its almost like he's buliding a tolerance. it's almost to the point of pain for him to get anything out of it. and yes he gets therapy and yes i keep up with it at home. and he is on Resperdon. i just was wondering if this was a normal thing that happens. or could somthing else be setting it off (there has been no changes at all) any idea would really help.... and please no bashing i am doing the best i can

RaeTy

Asked by RaeTy at 3:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• I noticed when my 5 year old ASD DS turned 5, he seemed to go bonkers. I know that sounds bad, but it's the best way I can describe it. He was doing just what your child is doing. My DS is dx Aspie, Tourette Syn. and OCD. I'd been very against medication for small kids, but we feared for his safety, so he's just started a small dose of Seroquel at bedtime. Trust me, it's not just your child. There's a great group on here for moms in our shoes.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/76

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2011