What is the best way to help baby get rid of gas?

She is 7 weeks old, and is really fussy because of gas. I feel bad for her. Also I am EBF.

ksanders_85

Asked by ksanders_85 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• I used Mylicon liquid drops in my Sons formula. It works well and you can get it at the drug store. Also burp her more often during feedings (take breaks) and walk around with her & rub her back & gently bounce her as you walk. Burp, Burp & burp her again! GL
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• There are a lot of natural remedies that I would try first before resorting to the chemical products.

A warm bath can help as it relaxes the muscles, which allows more flow of air through the body. This can help relieve the gas.

Lay her on her back and gently rock her knees to and from her chest. This helps move the air around and eventually helps her release it.

Laying her on your chest or across your lap and patting her back. Not just in one spot, but gently patting her entire back. The pressure from being on her stomach and you patting helps release the gas.

Vibration from a swing or bouncy chair can also help encourage the gas to be released as well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011